Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My magicjack is not working it says your server is down and…

Customer Question
My magicjack is not...

My magicjack is not working it says your server is down and that's why I can't use my majack. Can you fix it from where youare..

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your magicJack phone?

I haven't I just renewed a few weeks ago. It stopped working before that.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

What power button? where is the power button?

Technician's Assistant: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't need the cell phone tech. this This a landline I'm talking about. No I have ben on the JUST ANSWER page and it didn't help me one bit. All the message given to me said YOUR MAJACK SERVER IS DOWN!!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
5/26/2018
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

Memory errors in network devices often cause this type of connectivity problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer to which the MagicJack is installed after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

Hi David, I tried what you suggested, I followed your instructions to the letter, it worked for about 2 days, then it went down again and I haven't been able to get it started again. OH. I forgot. Its my MagicJack.. Can you help me get it up and running again..