Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Wont recognize that the microphone is plugged in. Dragon…

Customer Question
Wont recognize that the...

Wont recognize that the microphone is plugged in

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dragon dictate for mac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

I dont know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Today. removing then reconnecting the usb for the mic

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/25/2018
Computer technician: Jamie Macko, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 27 days ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Hardware Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.
There are a few causes for this type of issue. One common one is that there is either an update or new version of a driver that control the microphone.
I see that you requested a remote session, which I can do. I will send the info for that if you would like to proceed with working on the issue that way.

Thanks,

Jamie

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
do i have to get the premium to have you do that

Remote assistance is a premium service, yes.
If you want to try some steps first I can send a few troubleshooting steps before we move forward with that. Let me know what is best for you.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i dont want to buy the service. how do i cancel this

That is fine, we do not have to do the premium service. Would you like to continue working on this through this chat communication?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
ok

Let's try two things first. Can you first Shut down the MAC. While it is turned off, please move the USB cable for the microphone, to a different USB port. Then boot the MAC up and allow it to fully start up. Once it is on, please try the microphone and see if you have any luck. Report back, and if not I will show you where we will want to go next.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
the dragon icon will not come up to try the microphone and a fitbit software install window showed up

Can you confirm for me that you do have a Green light on the Dragon microphone. There should be a green light lighting up on the Microphone to show that it is fully turned on.

If your microphone does not appear in the Sound Preference Pane, it will not work in any application.

You should see the Input level indicator respond to the sound of your voice. If it does not respond, there is a problem with your microphone.

If so, can you check these troubleshooting settings for me:

1. In the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
  2. Click Sound.
  3. The Sound Preference Pane appears.
  4. Click the Input tab.
  5. Make sure the microphone appears in the listed devices.
  6. Make sure the microphone you configured with Dragon is selected, then speak into the microphone.
    • Check whether your microphone has a mute switch. If it does, make sure the mute switch is off.
    • If your microphone can be turned off, try restarting it.
    • Try using your microphone with a different computer or device.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it is there and is green but i cannot get the application to open on my desktop

When you originally installed the dragon software, was it installed form a CD/DVD or from a downloaded file?
Are you able to run the install again of the software, it sounds like a update may have been installed and is causing some issues with the program launching.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
will try

Perfect, let me know your results.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
cant get it to work. i have to leave. thank you for your help

Sure, let me know if you would like to do a remote session when you return.
Also you will want to verify that your MAC and all apps are up to date. You can do this by going to the App Store, and checking for updates.

-Jamie

Computer technician: Jamie Macko, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 23 days ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

-Jamie