Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I had to put my laptop back to factory settings. I need to…

Customer Question
I had to put...

I had to put my laptop back to factory settings. I need to get the BIOS updates. Do I need to download and install all of the updates oldest to newest? Or can I download and install the most recent update?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Toshiba Satellite Windows 7 64 bit

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

All of the updates for Windows 7 Nothing from Toshiba. I don't know what order to download and install them,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is my main question so far

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
I put my question in at 12:31pm central time and it is now 1:09 pm. The timer at the top told me I would wait 8 minutes.
4/3/2018
Computer technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. After factory reset, you can run the windows update and windows will download the updates that needed in the order. Please follow below steps to download updates for Windows after factory reset.Click Start , click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
Follow the on screen instructions to download and install all critical updates from Microsoft.After installing all critical updates, enable Automatic Update (for Windows Updates) using the following instructions:
Click Start , click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
Under Windows Update, click Turn automatic updating on or off.Under Important updates, select Install updates automatically (recommended) from the drop-down list.
Choose an update frequency and a time to install updates.
Click OK.Regards
Jins
I’m talking about the updates from the laptop manufacturer: BIOS in particular.

BIOS updates and OS updates are different. You only need to update the BIOS with the latest update that the manufacture provides. Make sure you are using the correct bios update for your laptop model. Updating with wrong file will damage your system. Other updates manufacturer providing are various driver updates. You need to install latest version of drivers. No need to install old version.