Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

THAT MY MONITOR IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. HP SMART FRIENDS…

Customer Question
I AM TOLD THAT...

I AM TOLD THAT MY MONITOR IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. HP SMART FRIENDS TOLD ME THE MONITOR IS CUTTING OFF AND ON, SOMETIMES ONE A FEW HOURS, THEN MAYBE EVERY FEW SECONDS. THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A SPECIFIC TIME. WHEN IT HAPPENS THE SCREEN GOES BLACK BUT COMES BACK ON IN A FEW SECONDS. EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS, IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS REBOOTING. HP SMART FRIENDS HELPED ME TO DELETE EVERYTHING IN MY COPUTER, BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS, THINKING THAT IF IT IS IN THE COMPUTER, THIS WOULD STOP IT. HOWEVER, IT DID NOT STOP IT. ANY IDEAS?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

MODEL NBR FROM MANUAL....G206HL/G226HQL/G236HL.....BUT I WILL CHECK ON MONITOR IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your G206HL?

2 YEARS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP product?

SORRY, I CANNOT TELL YOU ALL THE TESTS HP DID. THIS PROBLEM FOR MONTHS SO THEY'VE TRIED VARIOUS THINGS. THE TOTAL RESTORE WAS DONE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. WE DO NOT USE THIS COMPUTER/MONITOR DAILY . THEY SAID I SHOULD CONTACT YOU AND MAYBE REPLACE THE MONITOR. IS THIS CONSIDERED A 24" UNIT?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

CANNOT THINK OF ANYTHING.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
4/2/2018
Computer technician: Mr.Med, computer hardware replied 3 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, computer hardware

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Note : Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

I'm sorry about the issue, What is exactly the model of your computer please? it is a laptop or a desktop?

Thank you

Thank you

The computer is a HP ENVY desktop
I understand the initial charge was so you would connect to me. I don't understand.

Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website. I am sorry for any confusion.

how can you help me?
The monitor continues to black out.

This issue is related to some piece of hardware, whether it’s the video card, cable or monitor. First solution repalce the cable you are using to connect your computer to your monitor, if that does not work try connecting a different monitor if you have one, if the problem persists then you will need to replace the video card

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you

Thanks. I have to go to work and will not have time to check it out til Wednesday. I'll get back to you after that.

You are very welcome, If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, Positive rating are appreciated, If you need any further assistance please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you