Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My Bluetooth has stopped working. And, Bluetooth is no

Customer Question
My Bluetooth has stopped...

My Bluetooth has stopped working. And, Bluetooth is no longer an option in my action center

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 5th signature edition. Windows 10 64bit

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

It would seem that Windows update is up to date. I've tried troubleshooting Bluetooth, rebooting, etc...I'm trying to connect a Bluetooth mouse, and get my Bluetooth keyboard working again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...thanks for your help.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/31/2018
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer Bluetooth question.

It might well be, that the Bluetooth circuitry in your computer has suffered a failure or breakage.

That would result in all the details of the problem as you have described it so far.

(But, how have you gone about trying to connect the Bluetooth mouse? and what maker and model of mouse is it, please? some details along those lines might suggest a solution to the problem.)

Go to

Control Panel

Bluetooth

and tell me what settings you find there, or whether first turning Bluetooth OFF there, then waiting 2 minutes, then turning it On again, will help.

If not, then perhaps you should consider getting a USB Bluetooth adapter, that would be easy and inexpensive (compared to having the ThinkPad repaired) to obtain and would solve the problem.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.