Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I'm trying to reset my password.. it says check my e.mail…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, I'm trying...

Hello Pearl, I'm trying to reset my password.. it says check my e.mail for procedure.. I'm not getting the emails??

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Im checking from my computer. We are getting emails from other sources without no apparent problem getting emails from other sources

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No.. I've even checked my spam folder..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.. just need to reset.. my cameras are "offline"

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
Computer technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 23 days ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you for your response. The "Nest cameras" are monitored through my Android phone, using the router at my house..there's no computer.
I'm trying to reset them because they disconnected. When I tried to go to my Nest website I couldn't remember my password. So I checked the option to reset password. The remote system said they would send me an email. It did not. I did it three times. All three times I was supposed to get a reset password ***** through my email. I did not. Can you please tell me how to reset the camera to my phone.? Call or text me please.(###) ###-####thank you

Your email, the one t hat the camera system is supposed to send the reset email to, who is your email account with, gmail.com aol.com yahoo.com tc?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Computer technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 22 days ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Russell H., Computer Repairer