Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

Do you have a driver for Nikon Coolscan V for windows 10.

Customer Question

do you have a driver for Nikon Coolscan V for windows 10
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer?
Customer: Dell desktop
JA: What have you tried so far with your Dell?
Customer: I have the discs, for the nikon, but they will not load
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope. I had some problems with my desktop, and just had all the prorams reloaded...but could not load the coolscan
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Sheri replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Which version of Windows are your discs for?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Expert:  Sheri replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have windows 10, and my discs are for earlier versions of Nikonscan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would prefer to get the driver discs and then install them myself
Expert:  Sheri replied 7 months ago.

The reason I asked is that you can install with the old discs in compatibility model. It appears that Nikon no longer supports the printer, so there may not be any Windows 10 drivers, other than an native drivers built into Windows. First, to check for Windows 10 native drivers, just connect the scanner to your computer via usb cable and open the Windows Fax and Scan utility and test. If that does not work, next, install the existing disks which would contain the driver and software, using compatibility mode. Do the following:

Put the discs in the disc drive. Right click on the drive letter for your disc drive and choose explore. Locate the .exe installation file and right click on it and choose properties. Next, click on the compatibility tab and check the box to run in compatibility mode. Select the version of Windows your discs are for. Then follow the prompts.

You can also do a hybrid of this if the native driver installs and you are able to scan with Windows Scan utility. That would mean the native driver works, and then you could install only the scanning utilities with your discs in compatibility mode.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Expert:  Sheri replied 7 months ago.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert