Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Lenovo yoga book and all of a sudden the keyboard…

Customer Question
I have a Lenovo...

I have a Lenovo yoga book and all of a sudden the keyboard won’t work

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows Os model yb1x91f

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just started this AM, i shut down 3x’s and so far keyboard doesn’t light up or work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, that’s the only issue I’m having

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Computer technician: Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The issue started with the latest Windows update, and so many computers are facing the same issue that the keyboard or mouse (or both) not working. And most of them affected are HP Or Lenovo computers. You can resolve the issue by restoring the computer to an earlier date or uninstalling the last two updates. Since you are not able to use any USB device with the computer, it is difficult to do so. So, you have to get into Advanced options window, and restore the computer, or Reset the PC to get the issue resolved.

Check if you are able to login using the keyboard. If no, can I go ahead and help you further with refreshing or resetting the PC?

Thank you.

Customer/p>