Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Cannot get into magic. Unplugged and waited 20 seconds, but…

Cannot get into magic...

Cannot get into magic jack. Unplugged and waited 20 seconds, but nothing happened after waiting over 5 minutes!

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Magic Jack wasn't working. Unplugged for 10 seconds and waited for at least five, and zero!

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have phone number. (###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

3/23/2018
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Is this a new Magic Jack Device? Are you connecting it to computer or to the router?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Router
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have had magic jack for three years.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
R u there?

Don't you have dial tone on your phone? Did you tried with another phone connected on Magicjack?

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No dial tones. It says " no line". Two phones on Magic Jack and neither connect, and bit say same thing.

On your computer PLEASE CLICK HERE. You will get open a Justanswer window. Click on the green I Agree button. You will be prompted to download a small program named Elsinore Screen Connect Client. Download and Run it. Then I will able to connect to your computer and work on it to resolve the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this going to take a while to fix. I am trying to be able to do this without that additional charge .

You need not pay anything more than you already paid.

On your computer PLEASE CLICK HERE You will get open a Justanswer window. Click on the green I Agree button. You will be prompted to download a small program named Elsinore Screen Connect Client. Download and Run it. Then I will able to connect to your computer and work on it to resolve the issue.

It seems you are offline and not available for remote support. So please try the following troubleshooting:

Please make sure the blue light on your magicJack is ON and NOT blinking. If the blue light is ON steady and you still have no dial tone, please click here to visit MJ Tech Chat for additional troubleshooting.

If the blue light is FLASHING, you may need a replacement power adapter. Please try testing with another adapter, if available. Once you have determined you need a new power adapter please click here and MJ will send you a replacement for a nominal shipping fee.

If the blue light is OFF please unplug your magicJack from the power outlet for 20 seconds and plug it back in. If the blue light still remains OFF, please click here to visit MJ Tech Chat for additional troubleshooting.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not happy. disconnect me. I will have to get someone here to talk to you more...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no blue light
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer