Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a LG slim portable dvd writer SP80 and a macbook pro…

Customer Question
I have a LG...

I have a LG slim portable dvd writer SP80 and a macbook pro OS Sierra. Is there software to install? I open the cyberlink media suite 10 disc, but I don't see anything that says "install". I'm editing in Encore and tried to make a dvd but got nothing on the dvd.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

You mean the cyberlink media suite?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No, should i?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/23/2018
Computer technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Create the Disk ISO file using Encore. Then burn that ISO file using a burning program like Toast.

I think your Cyberlink Media Suite is for Windows and that's why you can't install it on Mac.

The dvd writer box says Mac compatible, and the guy at Best Buy said it was, too.
I should specify, the machine is mac compatible. How does it work without the software, tho?

DVD Writer for sure is Mac compatible. I said the Cyber Link Media suite may for Windows only. Mac need special program to burn the disk. In your case you need to create an iso file with Encore. An iso file is a disk image. With that ISO file you can burn the disk with the help of a burning program. The burning program for mac I like to suggest is Toast.