Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an Acer Aspire and I'm trying to get a Bose mini

Customer Question
I have an Acer...

I have an Acer Aspire and I'm trying to get a Bose mini bluetooth speaker to connect. I've been using it for months.... now it won't connect. So in calling Bose they said to remove the speaker from the control panel, but it won't delete. How can I get it to remove from my laptop so I can reload it?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

I think so. Usually when it asks me to I do it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/22/2018
Computer technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. You can try to disable it in Device Manager first, then see if you can uninstall it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I went to Device Manager, and did not see it listed. So I clicked on "View" and show hidden devices. Found the speaker, and uninstalled it. Is that right?

That should work as well. Do you have the most current drivers for your speaker?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no idea. I'm not computer saavy, so I don't know what a driver even is.

Okay. Have you checked in Control Panel to see if it is still listed there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it's still there. That's where I went earlier and right clicked, remove device. However, it says "remove failed" and it's still there.

Can you try to remove it again please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did it again, and it said "remove failed". Then says "paired". So it's saying it's paired with the device, but it's not. My cell phone is paired with the device, and I can hear my cell phone through the speaker.

Okay. Restart your computer and see if the speaker will re-install.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. That will disconnect this conversation, though.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What if it's still not working? Do I have to pay the $5 again?

Just comeback to www.justanswer.com and sign in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thank you. Signing off.

Let me know when you return.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My son came home and said he couldn’t find the driver, and the computer runs slow anyways, so he’s resetting the PC. Thank you for your assistance.

My pleasure!

Russell H., Computer Repairer