Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a M705 mouse bought 2 years go and hardly used. The…

Customer Question
I have a M705...

I have a M705 mouse bought 2 years go and hardly used. The thumb wheel is unbalanced and moves on its own. I'm pretty handy with small tools. Is there anything I can do to repair it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Dell Inspironn17 5000 series running W10. Why?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

You aren't listening. I'm having a mechanical problem with the Logitech M705 cordless mouse. I turn the wheel and it turns back.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/22/2018
Computer technician: Mike Taylor, Computer Repairer replied 3 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Computer Repairer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

The wheel is on a sensor so if it has been damaged and behaving oddly, you better off replacing it

I know you can find this same model on amazon or even ebay for under $10

At the end of the day its not worth fiddling with....a/ your not going to find the tiny sensor and b/ its so cheap to replace