Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am trying to update my roku account. It is under my

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to update my roku account. It is under my brothers name but he died. So there is no longer an email or password ***** log in

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

My email is not associated with the account. He is dead and there is no longer an email

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

What good will that do as the password ***** ***** with a dead email

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/21/2018
Computer technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Can you tell me please what model of Roku device it is? Is it a Roku 3 or 4, or a Roku Premiere or Ultra, a Roku Streaming Stick or a Roku Express? Once I know which model your Roku is, I can provide instructions for resetting the device so you can set it back up with your own Roku account. If you don't have one, I can provide instructions for creating one.

lease note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Roku streaming stick.

Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to type up instructions.

Please press the Home button on the Roku remote. Select Settings>Sytem>Advanced System Settings>Factory reset. Select Factory reset once more to confirm your choice. Now follow the on-screen instructions.to reset everything.

Please give that a try and let me know the results. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, we can do a "hard reset". After you've reset the device, you can set it up just like you would setup a new one.

Let's begin by connecting the Roku stick to an HDMI port on your television. Next, use the include included USB power cable and power adapter to connect your streaming player to a wall outlet. Now, turn on your TV. Use your TV remote to select the correct input. For example, if you plugged the Roku into HDMI 1 that's what you would select. Some TV's have several HDMI inputs.

If you haven't already put batteries into your Roku remote, please do that now. Your remote should pair with your streaming player automatically. If it does not, please let me know and I will provide additional help with that.

Follow the instructions on your TV screen. Activate your streaming player by using your computer or smartphone to link to a Roku account. If you don't have a ROKU account yet, you will need to create one by going to https://my.roku.com/signup.

Please keep me posted with your progress and let me know if you run into any difficulties.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist