Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Here's where I'm at. c930e with usb connector. usb plugged…

here's where I'm at. c930e...
here's where I'm at. c930e with usb connector. usb plugged into desktop computer running windows 10. hdmi cable plugged into desktop out to Samsung hdmi in. run Logitech camera software. on tv screen I get a picture of what the camera is seeing. only problem is that the picture covers only about 8 in square on a 65 in tv. is there a way to expand this to cover the full screen? dought that using scype when both ends are set up will do the trick.
3/21/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. This may have to do with the resolution. You will need to configure the computer correctly to make it work. To do this, right-click on the desktop and select "Screen Resolution." From there, you should see an option to check "Monitor 2." Increase the resolution as far as it will allow. Then click on "Connect to a projector" and choose the "Extend" option. At this point, you should be able to see the content from your computer screen on your TV.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
your directions do not correspond to the menu on my computer. for instance, right click does not result in screen resolution only display settings

I see you accepted the system generated remote support offer. I just want to make sure you intended this and want remote support or if it was done in error. I would be happy to connect in and work on the problem. Reply and let me know and i can send you connection information. Otherwise, we can continue via messaging. Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let’s connect and see if you can do it easier than through me

Can you to to device manager and tell me the name of your video card? Does it have it's own software to control screen mirroring, resolution, etc? Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The output from the webcam can be accessed with the right most icon on the tray.

OK, one moment and I will send you the screen connect instructions.

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded. Keep an eye on the top or bottom of the screen for the notification once download is complete, depending on your browser.

Link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d66d3594-5d03-4e37-9d2d-5211cc9d60e2

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Let me know if you are having trouble connecting to the remote session so I can help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Asking for computer name. I have no idea

I am not sure of that screen. Maybe just put anything in that field.

You should just be able to click on the link, it will start downloading. Once it finishes, you just click to run it and answer yet to any questions that pop up. That should automatically connect you.

Do you want to try again? Let me know and I can cancel that session and set up a new session and send you the new link.

It has been approx. 30 mins. so I closed the session. Just reply when ready to try another session. Otherwise, reply and let me know and I can send you more steps to try on your own to solve the issue.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cannot connect

I set up a new remote session. Click on this new link, below. Download it, watch the download and run it when it finishes downloading and answer yes to the questions so it will connect. If you receive an error message, reply and send it to me.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1186e1cb-e81d-4bff-8130-2a2d253a9c63

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Appears that Windows’s 10 home does not support remote access. Need to upgrade to pro for 99 bucs

Screenconnect is a free tool that works on all platforms. If you would like to send me a screenshot or picture of what you are seeing, I will try to help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My adapter is ati Radeon had 4300/4500
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have no more time for this

Look to see if you have an ATI program that you can select the resolution for the screen mirroring. I see you are out of time. Just reply if you wish to finish later.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Seems to me that there is some command that I can type into the run function that allows you to come into my computer. Think I’ve done it for others.

What happens when you click on the downloaded file called Elsinore ScreenConnect?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Don’t see that file

Below is a new session:

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded. Keep an eye on the top or bottom of the screen for the notification once download is complete, depending on your browser.Link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=718ee24b-d999-4666-958f-c7012b3974ba Regards,Sheri-Expert
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Have no idea what to do after hitting that link

ok, what web browser do you use? Is it Edge, Chrome or Firefox?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Edge

OK, once you click on the link, in Edge, there is a symbol at the top right that looks like a star with 3 lines. Click on that to find your download. Once it is complete, just run it and answer yes to all the questions.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I don’t know what the problem is but this can’t be this complicated.

Did you find the downloads list in your browser?

Are you getting my messages with instructions? If you are reading these through chat, look in your email in case you are missing my instructions. That happens sometimes, but all the messages are in your email.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
no elsinore

ok, then for some reason you are not fully downloading it. Do you have another browser to try, like Chrome?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Got chrome
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I’m into something called dameware

That is all wrong. I have no idea what you are doing or where you are going. Something else must be wrong with your computer.

Maybe you need to run a virus or malware scan.

As an alternative, you could go to Teamviewer.com and download the free personal version of Teamviewer. Once you get it installed, you can just reply with your id and password ***** I can connect in. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
This is crazy. Techs from dymo label remote in on a regular basis because thei software gets corrupted. They use no other software than is in my browserb

Screenconnect is an Enterprise software that many tech firms use. It is very common and does not have anything to do with your Windows operating system allowing or not allowing remote sessions or anything like that. It must be an issue with the software and your computer. If you want to use Teamviewer, it is also very commonly used for tech support. Once you have it downloaded, I would be happy to connect in. Just reply if you want to go that route since ScreenConnect is not working.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Must not be downloading screenconnect properly

No problem. I have to step out of the office for a bit and will be back in at approx. 9:30 pm Eastern. If you want to try to download and install Teamviewer, if it works, just reply and let me know and I will message you when I am back.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Downloaded teamviewer in edge

Hi, I am back in the office. Would you like me to connect into TeamViewer now?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Ok asking about proxy settings

What is asking about proxy settings?

If you have already loaded TeamViewer, just open it and it will give you a user id and password

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Asking for partner id

I am connecting to your computer, so look on the left column and give me your id and password. Then you will need to click ok when it pops up.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
573 596 024
6hb72w

You are very welcome. I am glad it's working. It was my pleasure assisting you. Please feel free to request me in the future if you ever need assistance. You can request me using this link: https://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-techexpert2017/?rpt=3800

Have a good night and enjoy seeing the Grandson!

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert