Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How in the H___ does on change the MEMORY size of a phot…

Customer Question
How in the H___...

How in the H___ does on change the MEMORY size of a phot that they have transfered from their SD card to the computer. Thay all seem to come in at 6megs of so. 250K is enough to send them to friends. It should be in every phot app........ but I can never find it. I end up send the gigantic sized photos that take for ever to send and one that most folks won't even open. I have a MacBook Pro. Kona Boy

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your photos?

I can always open my photots....... I just want to change the memory size of some.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I have OS 10.10.5

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I'd like to see you answer without have to use the slider. I don't need the large picture of "Mike"

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'd like my answer in a form that I can print out for future reference
Kona Boy
Answered in 2 days by:
3/18/2018
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

Right click on an image you want to resize and select “Open With Preview.”

In Preview, select Tools > Adjust Size.

Then, enter the width or height value to resize the photo. Make sure “Scale Proportionally” is select so that the image is proportionally resized.

Select save and close.

Note you can also change size by decreasing resolution, however "pixelation" may occur.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I do realize the quality my change but I don't think it will percevable at about 500k.Lloyd
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 30 days ago

If you start with a very high resolution image, then although the adjustments do degrade the quality somewhat, the picture should looks as if it has the same quality as long as it is not magnified.

Please let me know the result and if the procedure I have provided produces acceptable results.

syseng
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer