Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

MY MAGICJACK PHONE TELLS ME I HAVE A PROBLEM 401 I DON'T…

Customer Question
MY MAGICJACK PHONE TELLS...

MY MAGICJACK PHONE TELLS ME I HAVE A PROBLEM 401 I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG OR WHAT TO DO. I HAVE FOLLOWED DIRECTS TO DISCONNECT WIRELESS PHONE FROM POWER BUT TO NO AVAIL

Technician's Assistant: What magicJack model do you have?

I DON'T KNOW, I'WILL GO DOWNSTAIRS TO TAKE A LOOK, HOLD ON PLEASE.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your magicJack phone? What have you tried so far?

IT HAPPENED THIS MORNING. I HAVE FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS TO DISCONNECT FOR 3 MINUTES. DID NOT CORRECT PROBLEM.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

MY MEMORY FAILS ME AT THIS LATE TIME IN LIFE. I DON'T REMEMBER WHETHER I AM PAID UP OR NEED TO RENEW SUBSCRIPTION.COULD YOU ADVISE ON THIS?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/13/2018
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your MagicJack question.

I think that you need, first, to check that your computer (or, if it is a MagicJack type that is plugged into your network router box, check that your router) is connected to internet, that it has internet service.

That's the most common cause of the 401 error with a MagicJack.

Also, you might try plugging the MagicJack into a different USB port, and seeing whether that straightens the problem out.

And lastly, the MagicJack might, perhaps, need an update. Tell me - if the above advice doesn't completely answer your question - what MagicJack device you have, and where or into what device it is plugged, and I will advise you further in specifics.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Computer Repairer