Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an ASUS vx238 external monitor that I changed

Customer Question
I have an ASUS...

I have an ASUS vx238 external monitor that I changed computers and now it won't come on

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

A mini mac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Just today , when i turn it on the monitor's blue screen comes on an then I get a noHDMI signal, then it goes to sleep

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/13/2018
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Then when it starts tell me if the monitor then works please

Thank you