Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I WAS TRYING TO SET UPA NEW WD PASSPORT AND SOMETHING FROM…

Customer Question
I WAS TRYING TO...

I WAS TRYING TO SET UPA NEW WD PASSPORT AND SOMETHING FROM THE COMPUTER WENT TO THE PASSPORT NOW I TRY TO DELETE IT AND IT SAYS I DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION..

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

DELL INSPIRION 545 OS WINDOWS 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I KEEP IT UPDATED. BUT JUST THIS MINUTE PLUGGED IN THE WD 2T PASSPORT

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY IT WILL NOT LET ME DELETE THE PART OF TWO FILES IT SAYS I NEED ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES.... I AM THE ONLY ADMINISTRATOR,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Computer technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

1. Right-click on the file or folder to get the context menu and then click the Properties menu item
  2. Click the Security Tab on the Properties screen and then click the Advanced button. You'll get an Advanced Security Settings screen
  3. Click the Owner Tab on the Advanced Security Settings screen and then click the Edit button
  4. On the next screen, select a new owner from the Change Owner to List
  5. Click OK on the opening screens and ownership of that folder or file will be transferred.