Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My ultra thin Bluetooth keyboard for iPad Air types weird…

Customer Question
My ultra thin Bluetooth...

My ultra thin Bluetooth keyboard for iPad Air types weird characters, and will not show that it's charged.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Apple

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

The iPad Air is an apple

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not yet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/7/2018
Computer technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 4 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

Rehearsal is over...I'm ready.
Apple iPad Air OS11

Sorry I was not online when you replied but i am now online

I'm available now if you are...
I went through troubleshooting at the Logitech site with no result. When I type a "c" it displays cgmzetc etc. When T is typed it shows backslashes. It will not allow me to delete

Can you give me the serial number please?

Jnzyr0041- fcc id

Can you go to Settings, General and then Keyboard.

Can you tell me the keyboard that is set there?

It sounds like the wrong one has been set for the external keyboard.

It says English and emoji with another option to add a new keyboard
That additional option just offers languages from around the world

How old is the keyboard?

4 - 5 years old

It is point to a hardware issue on the keyboard, we can try a full iPad reset but this is a known issue with the older units

Aha. How do I reset the I pad?

Do you back-up your files to iCloud?

Go to Settings > General > Reset