Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My ScanSnap iX500 won't scan. The blue light is on; the

Customer Question
My ScanSnap iX500 won't...

My ScanSnap iX500 won't scan. The blue light is on; the cables are connected. I have also lost the ScanSnap icon.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It'

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It is an Apple iMac desktop.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

I don't know what operating system it is. Where do I find it?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

Just now. I have tried repeatedly to press the Scan button, but nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/7/2018
Computer technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 1 month ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please call me any time today at(###) ###-#### Thanks.

Hi

I can offer a live phone call or secure remote assistance, however both are a premium service.

Is this OK?

Thanks

Kris

Russell H., Computer Repairer