Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I added a firewall to my router yesterday. Now my Magic

Customer Question
I added a firewall...

I added a firewall to my router yesterday. Now my Magic Jack service does not work.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Comcast

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I just tried to use the phone today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I want to still be able to use my Magic Jack work.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
2/7/2018
Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 5 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You will need to open the following ports in your firewall and router (NOT port forward) to achieve a good connection:

TCP Ports List: 80 (HTTP), 443 (HTTPS)

UDP Ports List: 5060, 5070, 10000-65535

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------