Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

When sending a document to print it goes directly in queue -

Customer Question
When sending a document...

When sending a document to print it goes directly in queue - can't get it to print

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson workforce 610

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

We just updated our software a week ago and I hadn't printed anything until yesterday. I am still unable to print

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

One document in the queue won't delete

Submitted: 16 days ago.Category: Computer Hardware
2/6/2018
Computer technician: sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 16 days ago
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

I need some more information to help you.

1.Which version of Windows do you use?

2.How do you have connected the printer to the PC, USB or Wireless?

3.Did you check the printer display for any error message or code?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I believe windows 10, printing wireless and nothing shows a problem on the printer

OK, do you know how to open the Devices and Printers window on your PC?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
what are you asking me to do?

See, there are two ways to solve the problem, one I will give you the steps and you will follow them and two we can use the secure remote access and I can directly connect to your PC and help you to solve the problem. Let me know which one do you want to try?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I do not want to spend another $39 Are you able to help?

No problem then, I will give you the steps and you can follow them and let me know.

First, open the Device and Printers window following the steps below.

Click the search icon beside the Windows logo icon on your desktop and type Devices and Printers.

Click the Devices and Printers from the search result

Let me know when the window opens.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Open

On that window at the top, you will see Add a Printer, click that button and let me know if your PC is able to search and show you the Epson printer or not?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
It says the printer I want isn’t listed.
However it shows workforce 610 network - default 1 document in queue

Thanks, ***** ***** your PC is unable to find the printer on the network, you can see the printer icon because it was installed before this problem. Now, turn off the printer and router both after few mins. turn on the router and printer both and try to search the printer once more and let me know, what happens?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Still shows same as begore

OK

Do you have replaced the router before this problem started?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
No
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Are you able to help?

OK, download the wireless installation guide from the link below then, follow the steps from page 5 onwards to reconnect the printer to the router and let me know, what happens?

http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/wf610_/wf610_00ng.pdf

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Do I do this from the printer? Mine starts with wps - is that right?

There is no need to use the WPS method, use the normal method in which you enter the passcode of the router in the printer manually.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Went through sand pressed home button - am I done
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
What next?

Did you enter the passcode of the router on the printer?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Meaning the number off the router? If so yes
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
It was named preshared key

Ok, Did you see any message like Connection successful etc. on the printer after that?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
It shows WiFi in the right corner

OK, try to search the printer from your PC and let me know if you can see the printer name of the search result or not?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
On the laptop it still says printer isn’t listed

Are you replying me from the laptop?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
No iPhone

Please check and let me know if the laptop is still conencted to the same router or not with which the printer is connected?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
My iPhone is not connected to the printer - only the laptop is

I am not asking you to check the iPhone, I asked you to make sure that the laptop is still connected to the same wireless router or not with which the printer is connected?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
How would I check this?
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Workforce 610 has thevgeeen check ***** *****ke it always had - still a problem
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
It doesn’t appear that this is getting corrected. Am I being charged?
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Why no response??
Russell H., Computer Repairer