Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Just curious, are the app menu key and the Window key

Just curious, are the...

Just curious, are the app menu key and the Window key disabled on the g110 gaming keyboard?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

I have an Intel i7 cpu, my mother board is an Asus Z97

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Not much of anything. I am trying to run a combat simulator, but two of the major key bindings is to the app menu and the Window key for interaction. No luck on all fronts.

1/16/2018
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

The Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110 comes with the "gaming mode" switch that is located above the F2 key, which, when enabled, disables the Windows logo key. It looks like the switch is enabled on your keyboard, so you can disable it (slide it to the other side) and the Windows logo key should fully work.

Let me know if it helped solve the problem.

Regards,

Nope. I guess I just have to get another keyboard. This thing is close to eight years old. Thanks

Oh, I see. It is possible that the switch isn't working properly, or it might have been stuck. Before getting a new keyboard, you can disassemble the keyboard by removing the bottom few screws and check the switch.

Regards,

Since you gave me info on the switch, I shut off my rig whilst the switch was off. Turned it back on and works just fine. Thanks

That's great! I am very glad it is working after all, so no need for a repair of a new keyboard! :)

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Regards,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist