Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My Maxtor M3 after doing a back up to it gives the message,

My Maxtor M3 after...

My Maxtor M3 after doing a back up to it gives the message, "Your last backup did not complete successfully. Your files have not been backed up. I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Computer is a tower PC with Cooler Mastor on the case. Windows 10 operating system.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Retried the back up but same result

1/15/2018
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

What is the name of the software you are using for backup?

syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer
Backup and Restore (Windows 7)
It is nearly my bedtime here, so I think I will have to give up.
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install free remote access software.

Please click on this link to the teamviewer website: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Click on the "Download Free" box to download and install the software on your computer.
Once installed, reboot your computer.
Upon reboot, open the software from your computer and you will see an ID and Password, please give this to me to connect.
Thanks
Kris

Team Viewer app to confusing to be able to use
Is anyone there or am I wasting my time?

Can you tell me the full version please?

Thanks

Kris

Full version of what? The Team Viewer I.D. # is###-##-#### 1st password ***** 7538, 2nd password ***** 14k1td, 3rd password ***** p8wm95.

OK can we arrange a time for me to connect?

Is 10:00am Eastern Standard Time, Queensland Australia workable?
I assume that is a no. Can you do 3:30pm EST Australia?

I'm online now

OK Kris. I am online now also. In as much as I have already accepted the offer I don't want to accept again and be charged another fee, so how do we proceed?

Once installed, reboot your computer.
Thanks
Kris

I have already done that. See above.

The details change often so need refreshed

By refresh do you mean do it again and reboot the computer?
My team Viewer is showing I.D.###-##-#### Password ***** Does that help?
This looks like I am wasting my time. Refund my money and cancel everything please.
Colin Dunn

Resolved.

syseng
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer