Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I got a Cricket USB MODEM (Huawei e397), but I cannot make…

Customer Question
Hi, I got a...

Hi, I got a Cricket USB MODEM (Huawei e397), but I cannot make it work on a Mac, although I was able to make it on a Win 7. The Mac simply does not innate the device...

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

It is a USB MODEM, not a router. It is made by Huawei, model e397

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Huawei router or your Apple?

I tried to disable csrutil and install the Cricket App, tried to reset the RPAM, but no success

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/14/2018
Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Restart the Mac whilst the USB modem is connected.

Then go to System preferences and select Network.

Select your interface and set the service name and click the Create button.

Now select your Cricket USB modem on the left side and set the required details.

Click the OK button and it should connect for you now.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------