Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Have been corresponding with you for three days. No advance.

Customer Question
Now tied up with security...
Have been corresponding with you for three days. No advance. Now tied up with security division
of my bank, and you are claiming that you have wrong details of my account. The bank has had stop on account. Haven't heard from computer experts for over 24 hours. Successfully changed password, but still no access to Windows 10. Getting very frustrated.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Ok"
1/9/2018
Computer technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 6 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Have been referred to you by Just Answer who are unable to help with locked screen problem Windows 10.
Have had W10 about 2 years (free). Never been asked for password ***** now, after upgrade.
Hello Kris, The laptop has been out of action for about 2 months due to NBN action. Sometime during that time Windows 10 did an upgrade. When power returned I had Windows for one session. Ok.
Turned it off and have never been able to get back in. Have changed passwords on iPad etc.
Went to Just Answer last Saturday. They have given me many suggestions but nothing works,
Just get same response -- incorrect password. Locked screen. I know of several other people who have had the same problem. Trouble is, we were never asked for a password ***** and the software was downloaded free and not requested about two years ago. The whole thing has caused many dramas. My very old gmail password ***** the day before yesterday and I had to wait overnight to submit another one. Then someone tried six times to access my credit card unsuccessfully, saying the numbers were wrong. They were not. The bank security put a stop on the account and rang me. That cost another day. Someone emailed me and said they would call within half an hour. No-one did.
Anyway, at this time we are exactly where we were on Saturday. Locked screen. Has been frustrating to be told to ignore this and that that comes up automatically, as it doesn't apply.
Good luck, Kris. I don't believe that we will get an answer to this one. Regards. Maureen Withers
Now, am being offered Securely Connect for $55 , which is one of the things I was told is not available as it is only an automatic thing which comes up, so will ignore.

Hi

Are you able to take a picture of the screen so I can see it?

Thanks

Kris

Will try. It's just a landscape.

Ok thanks

Ok thanks