Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

It will not turn on. I have 1 light that looks like a

Customer Question
It will not turn...

It will not turn on. I have 1 green light that looks like a battery.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

I press the power button and nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

ASUS X541N

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Started today. Tried to plug it in but still won't start up or show any signs of life.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/9/2018
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

First remove both the battery and the charger cord from the computer and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Then plug the power cord back into the computer and press down on the power button for at least 2 seconds then release and let me know if it starts up.

Do you still need assistance?