Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Plug from monitor to hard drive doesn't plug in at monitor…

Customer Question
Plug from monitor to...

Plug from monitor to hard drive doesn't plug in at monitor level

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Has worked previously. New. Td2230...windows 10. Just mechanical because it worked last week. Just can't get plug to stay in monitor end.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

To plug it in.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's not the computer. It is the monitor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please answer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How will i know this is working?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anyone there?
1/8/2018
Computer technician: Sheri, Expert replied 1 month ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi Customer,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Just to clarify the issue, do you mean that you are trying to connect the computer to the monitor but the cable will not stay in? If not, please provide more details.

Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cannot make it fit and stay in. Makes monitor unusable.

Which type of cable are you using? Is it an HDMI?

Is it loose on the computer end or the monitor end?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Np
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Disregard, I did not send that, it is system generated offering the remote service

I see in your earlier reply that it is loose on the monitor end.

Can you reverse the cable and put the opposite end in your monitor to see if that helps?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cannot use remote service as i have no monitor to setup connection.

That offer was done automatically by the system, not by me. Just ignore it. Don't accept it

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Already tried. No difference.

You could try a different cable if you have one, but if both ends of this cable have the same result, the issue is likely the hdmi port on the monitor. How long have you had the monitor?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 months
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I unscrew near port and try to replace? This is an emergency as I use it for tax season.

You could check to see if the store you purchased it from will exchange it. Otherwise, you could unplug the monitor from power, lay the monitor down so you can see the hdmi port well. Shine a flashlight there. See if the metal is bent around the port where the cable fits in. If so, carefully take a flat heat screwdriver to the outside of the port and try to bend it on each side to make the port a little tighter.

another option is to use the VGA (blue connector) port instead, if you computer has one, too. You would have to use a VGA cable an make sure the monitor input is set to VGA.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Computer technician: Sheri, Expert replied 20 days ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert