Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

My Maxtor One touch external hard drive won't connect.

Customer Question
My Maxtor One touch...

My Maxtor One touch external hard drive won't connect

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Should I try connecting on my laptop?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Computer technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 1 month ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Weeks

Is this mac or windows?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For the $48 unauthorized charge you just put on my paypal, I don’t expect to have to pay another $39 to get an answer to this problem. Tell me what I have to download to fix this.

The service is not $5.00 and you have been charged more than that. The total costs are displayed maybe you did read the page.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue.
Regards
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m not home anymore anyway. How do contact you later?

Just book mark this page and come back to me

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Who said $5? I said $48. And send me to whoever can refund me. I was supposed to get a free trail.

The service is not $5.00 and you have been charged more than that. The total costs are displayed maybe you did read the page. I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue. RegardsKris

Russell H., Computer Repairer