Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

My sound has suddenly stopped working. My speaker has a red…

Customer Question
My sound has suddenly...

My sound has suddenly stopped working. My speaker has a red cross. inmy device the speaker was hidden. The error message was 45. I uninstalled it as that was only option and now I cant re install it (error could not find the device for this driver). Bluetooth headphones are working . Headpones plugged into the jack do not work..

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Its an sus x555DA notebook

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I have tried to get it to recognise and make default my speakers....but no option so I uninstalled. Now cant reinstall. Ive rebooted, updated all drivers, re booted, check volume etc etc etc etc

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/7/2018
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago
Elgin Vega

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

Are you available for a emote session so I can connect to your computer and check the problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Im not comfortable letting someone online connect to my laptop. Please explain what isrequired and Iw ill try it tomorrow.Thanks
Nell
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

ok, let me know when you are available

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi im available now if you can help?
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

Hi, sorry I was unavailable, but I'm on now

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Im available too
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

Wan to try teamviewer so I can check the problem with a remote session?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im not comfortable connecting my laptop. I would rather trouble shoot it myself . Any suggestions on what I should try?
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok, can you check the device manager and tell me if the audio driver is correctly installed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it is not installed. Ive tried to install it and I get the error message 'driver installation failed: could not find the device for this driver. The driver I have downloaded is from ASUS website
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

What OS is installed in the system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows 10
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

Is this the driver you installed? Audio_Conexant_Win10_64_VER8661655

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is the same one I tried to install
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

How is the driver displayed in the device manager?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its not displayed, its not installed. When it was installed it was under sound and said error 45 and was a hidden device.
The only option when I viewed it was to uninstall which I did. Now I cant re-install it for the error message above
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

Well I can't tell you what is happening with the device, I will opt out so other expert can help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks anayway
Computer technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

bye

Russell H., Computer Repairer