Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an Archeer A225 speaker that won't pair with my PC.

Customer Question
I have an Archeer...

I have an Archeer A225 speaker that won't pair with my PC. installed new bluetooth software w/ PC and everything else works. Speaker tried but shows error "be sure speaker is turned on" and in area - it is both. ???????

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your A225?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your A225? What have you tried so far?

Followed all instructions - it has never connected

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

My tablet, phone, and camera all connect to the pc bluetooth. just this speaker won't.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
it tells me it won't stay "active" long enough to make the bluetooth connection? Speaker is on. tried it plugged in USB too.
How much longer to get an answer? This can't be that difficult?
archeer speaker 005.JPGarcheer...JPGarcheer speaker 007.JPGarcheer...JPGarcheer speaker 005.JPGarcheer...JPGarcheer speaker 008.JPGarcheer...JPG
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don't understand what it is you need from me.?????
I keep trying to connect it - I get "A connection attempted has failed. Make sure the A225 is turned on and then try again". I've done this 30 times. It won't connect!!!!!!!!
Is this a device defect? Should I send it back?
This shows on my "devices" and shows its trying to make a connection an they I get the connection failed message. Yes, it is turned ON.
I've watched all the YouTube videos and my problem is not addressed or even mentioned - they all set up quite smoothly.
I'm using an ASUS Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle. Driver in stalled. It works with everything else.
1/7/2018
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Bluetooth speaker question.

If you have, already, followed directions to activate the speaker's Bluetooth pairing mode, then perhaps it is defective and you should send it back as such, for a return/exchange deal.

Did instructions come with it? I assume so. If other Bluetooth devices find no problem connecting to your computer or your computer to them, then your speaker *is* defective, a very great chance of it. Bluetooth speakers sometimes fail in the Bluetooth connecting portion, and for one to be thus defective from the store or vendor is not by any means too very unlikely.

(I regret that you had to wait, and that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)