Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I magic, it is telling me that i need to connect, i check…

Customer Question
I magic jack, it...

I magic jack, it is telling me that i need to connect, i check the cable and they are fine, joe

Technician's Assistant: What magicJack model do you have?

Magic jack plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your magicJack phone? What have you tried so far?

I used it yesterday with no proglem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/5/2018
Computer technician: Louie, Hardware technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Hardware technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your magicJack.

I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, which version/model please? ...directly plugged into the a modem/router's LAN port? ...or to a USB port of a computer?

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • unplug and disconnect the magicJack device;
  • • wait for 10 longer;
  • • the idea is to simulate a soft RESET and dissipate residual power;
  • • re-connect the cords and cables to the magicJack device;
  • • ensure that there is a blue LED light indicating power is reaching the inside circuitry;
  • • depe4nding on the model/version, verify that the other LED lights are lit;
  • • and blinking only when in use.