Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I bought a new HP Envoy Photo 7855 and the fax picks up even…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new HP Envoy Photo 7855 and the fax picks up even when it is a phone call. I have 1 line and i need a majic jack different ring for the fax so it doesnt pick up when a phone caLL COMES IN.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

YES

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

YES ONLY when the phgone rings do i have a problem. HP says you have to get me the different ring tone for fax

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It started when i bought the new machine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/5/2018
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

Please click on the link below and login to your MagicJack account:

click here

Then go to "Settings," then "Sound" and then "Phone ringtone." From here you can select the ringtone to be used with magicJack Connect.

There is one ringtone, dont faxes send theiir own tone

Yes, to communicate to other fax machines. However you need for the fax machine to answer only when there is a fax correct?

Another way to do this is to configure the fax to answer on a number of rings later, such as five rings, giving you a chance to answer the phone. The trouble with that option is that you would not have voicemail.

Do you still need assistance?

syseng
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer