Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I've just been setting up my Win 10 on a new Intel Compute…

Customer Question
I've just been setting...

I've just been setting up my Win 10 on a new Intel Compute Stick plugged into the tv. It was updating win 10 and came up with the message 'cannot locate bootable device' and hung. When I rebooted (unplugged power supply) it wants me to log in again, but when I use the password ***** I thought that I had entered, it tells me that its wrong. Can you tell me what to do?

Technician's Assistant: What Intel model do you have? How old is it?

STK1AW32SC

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything else is working fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Intel? What happened right before this?

It was just updating Win 10 - had spent about an hour doing it, then the 'no bootable device' message appeared.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/4/2018
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

please.
If its ok I'll get back to you in an hour or so - as the stick is attached to the TV (& my wife is watching at the moment)?
Hey - I've just checked my bank account and Microsoft have already taken $66 from my account - $61 of it without my authorisation - now you want me to pay another $55?????????????
Please tell me as a matter of urgency what you are doing.
I don't believe that having a password ***** should be this difficult or expensive.
Greg. - not at all satisfied.

Hello - I will have to refer you to Just Answer customer service regarding the charges - they will be able to help you with it. Once resolved just let me know so that I can help you resolve the Windows 10 issue.