Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

H800 headset computer will not recognize microphone. Windows…

Customer Question
H800 headset computer will...

H800 headset computer will not recognize microphone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Lots of restarts and default changes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It only works for a short ;timew

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/2/2018
Computer technician: Sheri, Expert replied 1 month ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-bd9ujdco,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue.

If you're having issues with the microphone on your headset, try the following:

• Check that the microphone isn't set to mute either on the headset or in the application where you're using it.
  • Make sure you have the H800 headset selected as the audio input/recording device
  • Ensure the application you're using is configured to use the headset as its audio input/recording device
  • Make sure the receiver is connected to a USB port that isn't behind any large objects (ex. a desk or desktop PC).
  • Connect the headset to a USB port with the charging cable — it may not have enough battery power.

Also, once you try those, do the following:

Uninstall the H800 headset from the device manager ;
-Unplugged it from your computer ;
- reboot the computer and plug the headset to a different USB port.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Computer technician: Sheri, Expert replied 19 days ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert