Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Power went out and now can't connect Fire to internet. Other…

Customer Question
Power went out and...

Power went out and now can't connect Fire to internet. Other devices r connected

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I don't have a computer just an ipad

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

6 lighted and 4th one down is blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Ipad, phone and TV work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/2/2018
Computer technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Let's begin troubleshooting by trying a simple fix first. Please press and hold the power button on your Kindle until it ask you if you want to turn it off. tap yes to continue. After it has rebooted, please check to see if you are connected to wifi. If not, please swipe down from the top of your Kindle screen to show Quick Settings. Next, tap Wireless. Make sure that Airplane Mode is Off and Wi-Fi is On.

Find your wifi network in the list to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.

Note: You may connect to it automatically if you have previously connected to it in the past.

If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, please kindly rate my service so I will receive credit for my efforts. You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!