Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Message on screen: HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4. Where do…

Customer Question
Message on screen: Technician's...

Message on screen:

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your TouchSmart?

Where do I find the OS information

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your TouchSmart? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, it has been unusable for most of the time it has been owned. It belongs to my daughter in law. The message on screen is -- enter administrator password ***** power on password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know the power on password.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/3/2018
Computer technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Josh,
I still need assistance. I must first get help from the IT dept. where I work to locate the service tag. I have looked thoroughly on the back of the laptop and find nothing that says service tag, or a 7 character identifier that resembles a service tag. The laptop is locked and I can not get into it to locate the service tag. The device belongs to my daughter in law. She says she paid $800 for it when purchased new. Her older daughter was using it when the problem occurred and it has been in this state for years. My daughter in law gave up on trying to get it operational. She kept running in to dead ends. When the device is turned on the following message appears. "Enter Administrator Password ***** Power On Password"
I thought I would try to help her with this problem. She was contemplating discarding the unit. I will try to get help with determining the service tag this morning and get back with you. Do you think the problem can be resolved?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Josh,
I no longer require assistance. The person in the IT dept. had it resolved in less than 5 minutes. Thank you anyway. What am I going to be charged for your time.
Russell H., Computer Repairer