Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Model 2500x

Customer Question
model 2500x
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/2/2018
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your router and Windows question.
If the Windows 2000 cannot connect to the wireless from the router, it may not be capable of the higher degrees of encryption. TKIP and AES weren't even released when Windows 2000 was current; even 128-bit WEP may not have been released though I am not sure of that; If 128-bit WEP was not released for Windows 2000, it's possible that Windows 2000 is not fit for Wireless networking, I regret to have to say as a first opinion.

But let me know more details, and I will advise you further.