Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I am trying to connect my magic to my new computer and it's…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect my magic jack to my new computer and it's not working

Technician's Assistant: What magicJack model do you have?

Original original

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your magicJack phone? What have you tried so far?

I thought I plugged everything incorrectly but itdoesn't work. I am trying to install it on my new computer

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/2/2018
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

The computer and the MagicJack need to have access to the Internet to complete the installation. To rule out the network as the cause, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Unplug the MagicJack then reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up, then plug the MagicJack in and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?

syseng
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer