Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I got my own computer for Christmas YEA! But I don't know…

Customer Question
Hi!! I got...

Hi!! I got my own computer for Christmas YEA! But I don't know what to do with the extra cable. I have a MK735 keyboard mouse combo.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

HP, Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Ok, I've set up the computer. The mouse works but the keyboard does nothing and I don't see where ends plug into specific places

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I'm not so computer savvy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/1/2018
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

The additional cable is an extension for the receiver in case you need to locate it a bit farther away from the computer. In most cases the cord is not needed.

If the keyboard is not working, make sure the batteries are fresh by replacing them with another set of batteries then test the keyboard to verify it starts working.

If replacing the batteries does not resolve the issue, just let me know as there are other solutions that should get it working.

syseng
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer