Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Do i need to plug my magicjack into a computer to set up the…

Customer Question
Do i need to...

Do i need to plug my magicjack into a computer to set up the first time installation

Technician's Assistant: What magicJack model do you have?

Magicjack go

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your magicJack phone? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to register the device

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No because i am using an ipad now and the jack is connected to my router when i hang up i have a voice telling i have a 404 error

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/30/2017
Computer technician: syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer

My name is David.

Yes, the MagicJack Go must be plugged into a computer in order to go through the activation and registration process before you can use it.

Once you plug the MagicJack Go into your computer, wait a few minutes while the MagicJack program downloads and installs. When the MagicJack program appears, click in the purple area at the bottom of the MagicJack program and follow the prompts to complete the activation and registration.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance with any of the steps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why i had to pay $5. Snd why magicjack redirected my question to justanswer

Just Answer is a third party support service that MagicJack users often use when they need direct support or additional services such as remote assistance from a MagicJack knowledgeable technician.

syseng
syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer