Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I thought the display was cutting off, but with another

Customer Question
I thought the display...

I thought the display was cutting off, but with another monitor connected, it appears the Lenovo Ideapad unexpectedly goes into powersave mode

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo Ideapad Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Had bout a year. I just updated the display driver.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Lenovo Ideapad @-1 Flex 4

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

2-1

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/30/2017
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is it going to power saving mode when left unused for a few minutes?
  2. Is it not waking up after the power saving mode?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I just changed the power saving mode settings and will monitor performance

Thank you for writing back. Is the problem fixed after making those changes?

far........

Ok. Please let me know if the problem persists and if you need my assistance :)

Jess
I don't seem to have any issues while I am using an external monitor. I just unplugged the monitor and the laptop went off. Rather the display went black, then came back on, and repeated several times.

Please try to boot the computer in Safe Mode. See if the flickering problem is present there.

Russell H., Computer Repairer