Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I had installed a magic go. However, I wanted to port my old…

Customer Question
I had installed a...

I had installed a magic jack go. However, I wanted to port my old phone number to magic jack. It said the number was not available right now, whatever that means. I registered a magic jack number-***-***-****m a Massachusetts number. I am in New Hampshire and my area code is 603. Magic jack did not give me the 603 option. The number I want transferred to magic jack is a new hampshire number,(###) ###-#### The company I have for this phone number is ***** I called them and they said you would have to call them, and then a date for the port would be set. The Fairpoint number is ***** My name is***** My address is*****, penacook, NH 03303.

Technician's Assistant: What magicJack model do you have?

Magic jack go

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your magicJack phone? What have you tried so far?

We set the magic jack up yesterday and registered it. It worked altho I have to unplug my Fairpoint connection and use the Magic Jack connection since I have only one landline. The problem is I need to use my old number,(###) ###-#### or the magic jack is of no use since people have used this number for decades.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/30/2017
Computer technician: Chris Lindsey, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Computer Hardware Engineer

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I am your Professional Electronics Technician Expert.

With faster service I can connect to you via Remote Support to your computer and get your problem fixed, is that something you would be interested in?