Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Can I use a Toshiba VF-S9 on a 480v 15hp motor?

Customer Question
Can I use a...

Can I use a Toshiba VF-S9 on a 480v 15hp motor ?

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

VFS9-4150PL-WN-(1) 3ph 480v service

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I received this with some other equipment, there was nothing together, I was told to wire it up to one of our large (15hp) drive, they wanted to be able to adjust the speed of the motor, I received no information with this drive, just asking if its the right size for my installation, thank you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I could not find a schematic for wiring of this unit on line, again thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/29/2017
Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 1 month ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Yes, however it depends on the wattage rating - the motor can have a maximum power of 15kW.

Here is a copy of the VF-S9 instructions and schematics attached.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your help, after reviewing the manual, I just want to make sure I'm right with this installation, I have a 15hp motor that is being used for a blower, this VF-S9 is rated 20hp, I only have a external start/stop button that would go on terminals F-S3-CC , I have no other external controls, (Brake etc), do I just put a jumper across PO and PA, and other than the main power wiring L1-L2-L3 and U/T1-V/T2-W/T3, this is the only wiring (plus grounding) that would be required ?

Yes, that wiring would work, you could also add an isolation switch if required.

Pete, Computer Expert