Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have apple airports that extend my internet. we have been…

Customer Question
I have apple airports...

I have apple airports that extend my internet. we have been experiencing lost of connection everyday. One of the ports has completely dropped connection.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Airport Extreme. provider is suddenlink.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

About two weeks. I have unplugged and restarted all devices even the modem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing right now.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/28/2017
Computer technician: cvd4311, Computer Operator replied 3 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Operator

First try this:

1. Launch the AirPort Utility on your Mac while connected to your AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme.
  2. Click on your AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme on the main screen.
  3. Click on the Wireless tab in the top navigation.
  4. On the next screen, click on Wireless Options...
  5. Select a different channel than what you're currently on. (You can do this for any networks if you like).
  6. Now click Save.

If that doesn't work it sounds like a software problem. If you have updated lately, go to airport utility option clicked on the firmware drop down menu on my express and downgraded to the software that you had before. That should stop the connection loss and boost your internet. It seems like the new software has a bug in it.

Channels 6 or 12 work best.

This is a little different way to change the channels.

1. Open Finder , Applications , Utilities , Airport Utility
  2. Click Wireless
  3. Change Channel from Automatic to 12 (If channel 12 does not work then try different channels)
  4. Click Update
  5. Allow router to restart and reconnect to wireless network.

Good Morning did you still need help with your Airport Extreme?

cvd4311
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Operator