Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How do I format the MY Passport for Mac OS? I accidentally…

Customer Question
How do I format...

How do I format the MY Passport for Mac OS? I accidentally bought one pre-formatted for Windows

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your Mac?

None. I want it to run solely on my Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I bought an external hard drive and am just trying to set it up for a Time Machine backup drive.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I bought an external hard drive already formatted for Widnows I meant to buy one reformatted for Mac OS

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/27/2017
Computer technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 7 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris