Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Pearl. I rec'd a K800 keyboard for Christmas and I cannot…

Customer Question
Hi, Pearl. I...

Hi, Pearl. I rec'd a K800 keyboard for Christmas and I cannot seem to usderstand how the connections are made when I attach the keyboard. There are no instructions in the box.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

HP, pavillion, windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Just plugged the keyboard via cord into the computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No other problems that I know of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/27/2017
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Logitech keyboard question.

I advise you first, if you have a Windows computer, to download the SetPoint software, setup/management software for the keyboard, from Logitech's page here:

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-illuminated-keyboard-k800/downloads

and get that software (SetPoint) installed after it is downloaded, then start the SetPoint software, and see if it can manage and setup your keyboard properly. If your keyboard is OK from manufacturer, it should get it working. (Note: the power switch on the keyboard might be OFF, the batteries might not be installed in it, etc.)

Also, consult the measures - there is a long list of them - on this page:

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/18651

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.