Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I purchased a magic go and wished to use it in Australia.

Customer Question
I purchased a magic...

I purchased a magic jack go and wished to use it in Australia. The reception was extremely poor just braking up all of the time so that we could not understand each other

Technician's Assistant: What magicJack model do you have?

Magic jack Go

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your magicJack phone? What have you tried so far?

I got it end of November and used it while I was in Australia I have been home over 1 week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

End of October sorry

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/23/2017
Computer technician: Louie, Hardware technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Hardware technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...magicJack..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially and almost always, the described symptom of "...reception was extremely poor just braking up all of the time..." would be indicative of an issue with the (Internet) connections and not necessarily with the device itself.

To confirm and for test purposes, run a diagnostic check of the Internet connection.

Please click HERE and click on the "TEST NOW" button.

Results should show:

• Latency/Ping - the lower the better;
  • Download Speed - the higher the better;
  • Upload Speed - the higher the better;
  • Packet Loss - the lower the better.