Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I bought a Kingston USB/Type C flash drive, but I can't

Customer Question
I bought a Kingston...

I bought a Kingston USB/Type C flash drive, but I can't figure out how to save photos from my Pixel XL from the phone to the Kingston drive. My file explorer apps and photos app don't offer a straight forward process.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Dell Latitude E7470 with Windows 7 Professional, but that's not my issue. I can save photos to my laptop. I want to save photos directly from my Pixel XL to the Kingston drive using the Type C port.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Latitude?

I know how to save my photos to the Laptop. I know how to enable photo and file transfer on the Pixel XL. I don't know how to save photos directly to the Kingston drive from the Pixel Xl

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, my request is simply, how do I save photos and files directly to the the Kingston Drive

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/22/2017
Computer technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

What you're going to need to do here is connect your phone to your computer and so that it's recognized as a hard drive.

Do you have a USB cable that you can use to connect the phone to the machine?

Are you still with me?

You can reply back via the bow below.