Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I can not get online and phone lines are open. Have no idea…

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get online and phone lines are open. Have no idea what happened as even my computer guru is stumped. Terrible time not to be able to connect,

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

No smart phone -- just years old keyboard and desk top. Have had no trouble like this and even local comp. pros can't figure it out. I get no mail so don't know if you can get an answer to me?? Thanks, Janet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you read this message? Janet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 day by:
12/24/2017
Computer technician: Louie, Hardware technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Hardware technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...not to be able to connect..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • install another browser;
  • • ping your modem/router and then your ISP;
  • • run speed test / click HERE;
  • • check/replace the LAN cable.